Recently I have been training really really hard on the treadmill. As a result, I now walk with a pretty gangster limp because of a stress fracture. Yes, it hurts wicked bad!! I have been wrapping it during the days, especially while at the gym, for the much needed compression to the injured bone. Today at the gym I had the most ridiculous conversation with a man about the injury.
Brace yourselves, this is a true story...
Man: "What's on your leg?"
Me: "An ACE bandage and compression sleeve."
Man: "Why do you wear them?"
Me: "I have a stress fracture so I need the support."
Man: "Wow, I had no idea that emotional stress could cause fractures to the bone. You really should see my psychiatrist, he is phenomenal. Come grab me before you leave so I can give you his number..."
Just a question... what would you have said to that man had that been you? haha.
12 comments:
Yeah maybe you should see a psychiatrist! lol totally kidding. Thats really funny, not sure what I would say....What did you say?
You say "Thanks but I already have a great one!" hehehe
I'll admit though that I wouldn't know what a stress fracture is either!!
What a weird Dude?? Stupid too? ha ha I would laugh, and try to explain what I mean by stress fracture. Ha ha funny story it makes me laugh. You're pretty Rach. :)
Ha ha. Wow. I had to wear one of those when I played ball. I felt like Alan Iverson or Kobe. People today amaze me.
that's hilarious!! You must tell us the end of the story!
Poor guy! I don't know what the heck I would say. Was he older or younger?!?!
YOU better stop thinking that you invited yourself with us....plus Chase isn't family outing...And anyway...I invite myself to stuff all the time :)haha
SO just know that you are always invited to whatever we do! More the marrier! And that is the truth. pretty
What a funny story! And what a good-lookin leg :) lol
Hey Rachel its Sydney, Chelsea's younger sister. I am so excited for your crafty club. Chelsea has told me all about it and I would love to come! She told me there is a blog but its private. Could you send me an email so I could access it? My email is syds08@yahoo.com. Thanks so much! Cant wait!!
Hahahahahaha. That's so funny! What a dummy...
haha. sounds like hatboy at the gym
Rach, Hi! It has been so long! Seeing your blog makes me miss you guys! I hope you are doing well in your busyness. I'm assuming school is in full fledge. Hope the summer went well. We thought of you guys so much as we were not earning the kind of money you guys were or getting the tan you were. :) We are parents and loving it! We send out love!
Post a Comment